Conditions of participation:
- was founded between 2014 and 2017,
- has fewer than 250 employees,
- generates annual sales of no more than EUR 50 million or has a balance sheet total of no more than EUR 43 million a year and
- has its headquarters in North-Rhine Westphalia
- a freelance professional,
- the founder of a small or medium-sized, independent company in the fields of industry, trade or services or
- a company successor
You can also apply if you founded the company while unemployed or this is a sideline enterprise.
A panel of experts chaired by Professor Christine Volkmann, holder of the chair in Business Creation and Economic Development at the University of Wuppertal, will look at your application. In addition to the economic success and the number of jobs created, the business idea is also evaluated. In this respect, questions about technological innovation, new processes, products or services as well as creative potential play a role. Likewise, criteria such as the compatibility of family life and career, environmentally conscious action or social commitment are also included.
Ten candidates will be nominated for the final on 18 November 2019. You have the chance to win the first prize (EUR 30,000), second prize (EUR 20,000) and third prize (EUR 10,000) at the award ceremony for the 2019 NRW Entrepreneur Award to be held at the K21 Ständehaus in Düsseldorf.
- Download the participation application
- Fill it in
- Sign it
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to
The deadline for application is 13 September 2019.
Any more questions? Information line: 0201 43772-43