The Gründerstipendium.NRW (NRW start-up grant), available from the Ministry for the Economic Affairs, Industry, Climate Action and Energy (MWIKE) for the state of North Rhine Westphalia, gives you the opportunity to you take your innovative business idea and get involved in the start-up scene in your region.
Firstly, the grant provides you with financial support, enabling you to focus completely on your project during the start-up phase. Secondly, you become part of a start-up network that can support you in a number of ways.
The network also includes most of the STARTERCENTER NRW, which you should contact if you are interested in or have any questions about the Gründerstipendium.NRW.
The Gründerstipendium.NRW offers you:
- EUR 1000 per month for up to one year
- Individual coaching
- Communication in a start-up network
Your start-up network provides you with your own personal coach who supports you throughout the start-up process. You draw up a support schedule together, which you will then use to keep track of the development of your business idea.
Requirements for receiving the grant:
- You have an innovative business idea with future potential.
- You are setting up your business in North Rhine Westphalia; by yourself or in a team. Up to three people in the team can be funded.
- Your start-up is no more than twelve months old or will be set up within the next twelve months.
- You are aged 18 or over and are a resident of North Rhine Westphalia. The same applies for your fellow founders.
Here’s how to apply:
- Get in touch with one of the accredited start-up networks. Many of the STARTERCENTER NRW are accredited networks. This is where you will have your initial consultation and receive support for putting your idea down on paper.
- Put together all the documentation for your idea and submit it to your start-up network.
- Present your business idea to a jury.
- If the jury recommends you for funding, submit your grant application using the web form that has been provided for you.
- If your application is approved, you begin your funding period of up to twelve months.
You will find detailed information on how to apply and the necessary documents at